Saturday, March 12, 2005

Cancer Patient's Co-Workers Shave Heads In Solidarity

LAUDERDALE LAKES, Fla. -- Eight co-workers of a woman with cancer shaved their heads to help their friend feel more comfortable.Becky Hyatt is going through chemotherapy for breast cancer. She said she discovered the malignant lump in her breast only because last summer's hurricanes forced her to shower in the dark.Eight of Hyatt's co-workers at Progressive Insurance shaved their heads in solidarity to make her feel less self-conscious about her new look.
"I looked up and they walked in one by one and I almost freaked and I realized, 'Oh, this is in support for me,' and it touched me so much," Hyatt said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< A Legally Inclined Weblog >
Blogcritics.org

MOJO Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next