Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Hurricane WIlma Aftermath: We Made It......

Wowsers...We made it throught the storm....the power came back on yesterday evening...I feel very fortunate about that because there are still millions without it here...The ice/water distribution never happened yesterday for some reason or another,thankfully we are prepared and weren't relying on it ......my sis down south still has no juice.........
This storm was really intense and "scary".......I stayed up all night and as long as I could as the storm peaked in the morning.............the wind was howling and whisteling........I could hear things impacting the boarded up windows,the wind was trying to rip off the boards on the windows,it ripped off the cover of an ac unit in a room and tried to rip the ac out of the wall completely,I thought the roof would rip off and fly away cause I could hear it shifting and cracking like when someone walks on a wooden floor,thankfully except for some water breaches, the roof held(it's a fairly new roof so this is good and bad)....................part of our wooden fence,although we reinforced it came down.....
GTG(got to go) for now.....more info later.......Many folks were not as lucky.....their houses are destroyed,lives changed and they lack the most basic in human needs.....let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers and those of us with........will do what we can to help those without..............Cyaaaaaaaa

2 Comments:

Blogger Dovely said...

I'm so glad you are safe and sound! I dunno about you but I'm getting pretty tired of all this hurricane business. I can't believe we still have a month to go...argh.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and everyone in the area who is suffering. Be safe and much love to ya! :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger cyouincourt007 said...

thanx sweeties........... : )

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< A Legally Inclined Weblog >
Blogcritics.org

MOJO Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next