Monday, October 03, 2005

Australia issues new Bali warning

Seminyak area named in uncorroborated reports
Australia has issued a fresh travel warning for Bali and cited "uncorroborated information" that names the tourist area of Seminyak as a potential target for terrorist attacks.
The warning was issued late on Monday night by the Australian foreign ministry.Seminyak is a popular nightclub and shopping area in Bali's main city of Denpasar, north of the Kuta and Jimbaran Bay areas that were the targets for suicide bomb attacks on Saturday night, October 1, that killed 19 people and wounded more than 130 others."The possibility of further explosions cannot be ruled out," the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade said in its travel advisory. It noted there had been reports of both "general and specific" bomb threats and anonymous tip offs since the October 1 bombings."While this information cannot be corroborated, Australians should be aware that the Seminyak area in Bali has been mentioned as a potential target for terrorist attacks. Nightclubs popular with westerners in Seminyak are possible targets," it said.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< A Legally Inclined Weblog >

MOJO Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next