Monday, July 18, 2005

Gotti Son Writes of Regrets in NYC Paper

Son of Late Mob Boss John Gotti Writes of Regrets in Interview With New York Newspaper
The son of late Mob boss John Gotti says he regrets "involvement in this life" and doesn't want his children to follow his path.
John "Junior" Gotti, set to go to trial next week on charges he tried to kill the founder of the Guardian Angels crime-fighting group, never defines "this life" in an interview published Monday in the New York Post.
"My father was such a dynamic figure that you felt the need to be around him," Gotti wrote from the Metropolitan Correctional Center. "Whatever the sacrifice, he would never betray what he believed to be right for better or for worse."Gotti said he felt his father's absence when he was a child.
"Most of my childhood, my father was incarcerated, so there was not much of a relationship," he wrote. "I didn't have uncles who took me to a ball game. I was taken to social clubs instead."
Gotti, who prosecutors believe led the Gambino organized crime family after his father was put behind bars, said he regrets some of his choices. "I do regret my involvement in this life and what it has done to my children and wife," he wrote.The younger Gotti has been in prison for more than five years after pleading guilty to racketeering. He now faces charges murder conspiracy, fraud and extortion as well as attempted murder

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< A Legally Inclined Weblog >
Blogcritics.org

MOJO Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next