Saturday, February 12, 2005

Message To Readers...

Why title the post "Innocent Until Proven Guilty"?
It's not because Pamela Turner is a sweety...not because the victim was a boy(double standard)...This has nothing to do with her looks or the victims gender.It's about you and I...Wacko Jacko/Michael Jackson ,Chet Lynch ,Bill Cosby ...In the United States of America one is innocent until proven guilty.Anyone of us can find themselves faced with the reality of a criminal prosecution.I know were your average run of the mill folks who wouldn't even steal a pencil.Reality check:suppose your driving down the street and two mentally retarded kids who just escaped a facility dart accross the street.You had no time to avoid them and they are now laying dead in the street...Suppose you go out on a date and end up in bed that night.A few days later you find yourself being interrogated by Police and facing rape charges...In any event we want our due process & to be judged by a jury of our peers who will weigh the evidence and make a decision based on that evidence.Until Judge or Jury says otherwise...we are considered Innocent until proven guilty.As for any nitpicking fanatics...I 'am not reffering to "enemy combatents" & so on...I want to focus on the basic fundamental rights...
This leads me to another area I wish to address...I do not agree with anything Ward Churchill says or with the Hanging of a soldiers BDUs(battle dress uniform).However I am all for freedom of speech and expression.That's why I title the Ward Churchill post "I don't agree with what you say but i'll fight for your right to say it"....this is America...this is why many brave men and women have laid down there lives in battle... to defend our constitution...this is the mos for all American citizens...Today a 12 year old who heard about the Ward Churchill story asked me "can't they put him in jail or something"...I answered..."buddy in a Communist country like Cuba or China or something they'd probably do that, but this is America...this is what America is about...a lot of blood has been shed for your right and mine to speak and express ourselves freely."For all nitpicking fanatics...yes I expounded into the area of not yelling fire in a crowded theatre and that I didn't mean he could cuss in school hehehehe.......... Thank You All For Being In The Loop : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< A Legally Inclined Weblog >
Blogcritics.org

MOJO Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next