Wednesday, March 30, 2005

In Earthquake death zone, one happy ending

Man pulled to safety after 36 hours in rubble
GUNUNG SITOLI, Indonesia - Firefighters searching for survivors of this week's devastating earthquake in Indonesia on Wednesday pulled a man to safety more than 36 hours after he was buried in rubble on remote Nias island."People knew I was there but it was difficult to reach me. I kept screaming whenever I heard anyone," said Silalalahi, who did not appear to be badly injured. "I feel relief because now I am safe."An estimated 1,000 people had died in the region’s latest large earthquake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

< A Legally Inclined Weblog >
Blogcritics.org

MOJO Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next